Positive Tomorrows is Oklahoma City’s only school specifically serving homeless children. We help remove the barriers unique to a homeless child’s life to make learning possible, such as meeting basic needs like food, clothing, school supplies and personal care items. It is also important to help homeless families make the changes they need to stabilize their lives. You can help provide a chance at a better life by providing the following supplies to help our students, families, teachers and school.
Donations are accepted Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Questions about how to deliver your donations? Give us a call at 405-556-5082 or email email@example.com.
*For clothing items, we currently need children’s sizes 4T-14, junior’s/women’s sizes 2-10 and men’s sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra-Large.
- New shoes, especially boys and girls sizes 4 – 8
- New shorts for boys and girls of all sizes
- New short-sleeved t-shirts for boys and girls of all sizes
- New underwear, 4T – child appropriate Adult M
- Full-sized conditioner
- Full-sized women’s deodorant
- Full-sized hand and body lotion
- Reusable shopping bags
- New brushes
- Paper towels
- 3×5 index cards
- Pocket folders
- Dry erase markers
- High protein snacks (individually wrapped)
- Plastic cups
- Paper plates
- Plastic forks, spoons, and knives
- Band-aids (character-themed preferred)
- Box Tops for Education – Download our Info Sheet and Table Tent.
- Tyson Project A+ – Download our Info Sheet.
- Laminate pouches
- Lakeshore Learning
- Visa gift cards for bus and van fuel
- Can openers
- Brooms and mops
- New vacuum cleaners
- New sheets and comforters (any size)
- New bath towels
Food for School Lunch Program
- Canned Food
Fruit in 100% juice or light syrup, vegetables, ravioli, chili, pasta sauce (three #10 size large cans can feed the entire school of one food item)
- Nonperishable food
Pasta, peanut butter, crackers, pretzels, granola bars, cereal, ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Perishable food – can be donated with staff notice
Fruit, vegetables (including salad lettuce), milk, bread (including english muffins, tortillas, bagels, etc.), cheese sticks, bagged shredded cheese
- Ziploc bags in all sizes
- New to-go containers for families
Check out our Amazon Wish List for other items we currently need.
If you would like to help in other ways, you can…
- Contribute dollars to help ensure homeless children have a safe, stable place to learn. Donate now.
- Give your time and special talents as a volunteer at our school. Tutors, classroom aids, recess attendants or one-time projects all help keep our school running smoothly.
- Spread the word about Positive Tomorrows! To take a tour of our school, call us today!