Positive Tomorrows is Oklahoma City’s only school specifically serving homeless children. We help remove the barriers unique to a homeless child’s life to make learning possible, such as meeting basic needs like food, clothing, school supplies and personal care items. It is also important to help homeless families make the changes they need to stabilize their lives. You can help provide a chance at a better life by providing the following supplies to help our students, families, teachers and school:
*For clothing items, we currently need children’s sizes 4T-14, junior’s/women’s sizes 2-10 and men’s sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra-Large.
- New closed-toed shoes for boys and girls
- New shorts for boys and girls
- Back to school clothing boys and girls
- Light jackets for boys and girls
- School uniform pieces (khaki pants, navy and white polos) for boys and girls
- New shoes for children and adults size toddler 8 – adult 10
- Child belts sizes XS – XL
- Full-sized shampoo and conditioner
- Full-sized tubes of toothpaste
- Hand and body lotion (full size)
- Lice shampoo and spray (Rid brand)
- Reusable shopping bags
- Bug spray
- Copy paper
- Hand soap
- Clorox Wipes
- Ziploc bags (sandwich, quart and gallon sizes)
- Box Tops for Education – Download our Info Sheet and Table Tent.
- Tapes for Education – Download our Info Sheet and Table Tent.
- Laminate pouches
- Industrial trash bags
- Toilet paper
- Aldi or Buy For Less (for school lunch program)
- O’Reilly’s (for school bus/van maintenance)
- Visa gift cards to put gas in our school bus and vans
- Monthly bus passes
- Household cleaning supplies
- New Vacuum cleaners
Food for School Lunch Program
- Canned Food
Fruit in 100% juice or light syrup, vegetables, ravioli, chili, pasta sauce (three #10 size large cans can feed the entire school of one food item)
- Nonperishable food
Pasta, peanut butter, crackers, pretzels, granola bars, cereal, ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Perishable food – can be donated with staff notice
Fruit, vegetables (including salad lettuce), milk, bread (including english muffins, tortillas, bagels, etc.), cheese sticks, bagged shredded cheese
- Ziploc bags in all sizes
- New to-go containers for families
Check out our Amazon Wish List for other items we currently need.
If you would like to help in other ways, you can…
- Contribute dollars to help ensure homeless children have a safe, stable place to learn. Donate now.
- Give your time and special talents as a volunteer at our school. Tutors, classroom aids, recess attendants or one-time projects all help keep our school running smoothly.
- Spread the word about Positive Tomorrows! To take a tour of our school, call us today!