Our extracurricular programming, which includes our holiday and seasonal break camps, is one of our main pillars that leads to the success of our kiddos and families at Positive Tomorrows.
Summer Break Camp typically takes place for eight weeks in June and July. This year, we have created a phased plan that will see the first day of Summer Break Camp open on June 8. We are aware that circumstances may change before and during Summer Break Camp, and we will be monitoring developments with COVID-19 on a daily basis and will follow guidance from federal, state and local agencies regarding safety and closures.
We have decided to move forward with Summer Break Camp because the children and families we serve are being affected extremely hard by the pandemic. Many of the parents and guardians we work with have lost jobs or have seen a decrease in wages. Things like childcare, food and clothing are going to be hard to come by this year. If you would like to help purchase supplies for our kiddos to use during Summer Break Camp, visit our Amazon Wish List.
At Summer Break Camp, we make sure all kiddos receive three meals a day and have their basic needs met. We give our kiddos a safe place to be during the day while parents and guardians take the steps that will continue to lead the whole family on a path to success.
While we will provide engaging activities for the kiddos, we will also be implementing social distance guidelines, small group sizes, cleaning and sanitation protocols, and do not plan to take kiddos on field trips this year**.
- Daily temperature checks of students/staff
- Class sizes limited to 10 or fewer with one teacher
- Meals in classrooms/staggered meal times
- Transportation vehicles disinfected after each use
- Exposed/work surfaces disinfected twice a day
- Masks encouraged but optional
- Students or staff exhibiting symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 or higher will be isolated or sent home as quickly as possible
- 10-day waiting period from first symptom
- 72 hours after no fever with no medication
- Family members and others in home should remain isolated and take precautions
**Please understand, all these precautions and camp being open are subject to change.
If you have questions about Summer Break Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to follow us online and on social media for updates and to see ways you can help.
All photos in this post taken from previous years’ Summer Break Camps