Positive Tomorrows is Oklahoma City’s only school specifically serving homeless children. We help remove the barriers unique to a homeless child’s life to make learning possible, such as meeting basic needs like food, clothing, school supplies and personal care items. It is also important to help homeless families make the changes they need to stabilize their lives. You can help provide a chance at a better life by providing the following supplies to help our students, families, teachers and school.
Donations are accepted Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Questions about how to deliver your donations? Give us a call at 405-556-5082 or email email@example.com.
*For clothing items, we currently need children’s sizes 4T-14, junior’s/women’s sizes 2-10 and men’s sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra-Large.
- Boys underwear, especially size 4
- New shoes, especially sizes 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 boys and girls
- New belts for children, especially girls size medium and large
- New jeans for boys and girls
- New long-sleeved shirts for boys and girls
- New coats for boys and girls
- New socks
- African American hair products including:
- Women’s deodorant
- Full-sized hand and body lotion
- Lice shampoo and spray (Rid brand preferred)
- Full-sized body wash
- Full-sized lotion
- Reusable shopping bags
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Diapers of all sizes
- Pull-Ups of all sizes
- Baby wipes
- Copy paper (white and colors)
- Pocket folders
- Dry erase markers
- Glue sticks
- Play Doh
- Hot glue sticks
- Fiskars child-sized scissors
- Colored pencils
- Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- Personal pencil sharpeners
- Colorful tape – Washi, duct, masking
- Box Tops for Education – Download our Info Sheet and Table Tent.
- Tyson Project A+ – Download our Info Sheet.
- Laminate pouches
- Industrial trash bags
- Toilet paper
- Lakeshore Learning
- Valero gas cards in $10 – $30 increments
- Visa gift cards for bus and van fuel
- Monthly city bus passes
- Household cleaning supplies (Windex, toilet cleaner, etc.)
- Brooms and mops
- New Vacuum cleaners
- New sheet sets
- New sets of towels
Food for School Lunch Program
- Canned Food
Fruit in 100% juice or light syrup, vegetables, ravioli, chili, pasta sauce (three #10 size large cans can feed the entire school of one food item)
- Nonperishable food
Pasta, peanut butter, crackers, pretzels, granola bars, cereal, ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Perishable food – can be donated with staff notice
Fruit, vegetables (including salad lettuce), milk, bread (including english muffins, tortillas, bagels, etc.), cheese sticks, bagged shredded cheese
- Ziploc bags in all sizes
- New to-go containers for families
Check out our Amazon Wish List for other items we currently need.
If you would like to help in other ways, you can…
- Contribute dollars to help ensure homeless children have a safe, stable place to learn. Donate now.
- Give your time and special talents as a volunteer at our school. Tutors, classroom aids, recess attendants or one-time projects all help keep our school running smoothly.
- Spread the word about Positive Tomorrows! To take a tour of our school, call us today!